Tips for starting a CNC Side Business with an X-carve/CNC

I purchased my 1000mm machine in October, and have probably made a little over a thousand, which is pretty good I think. Prior to owning an x carve I usually scrolled most that I now carve. For the most part I gear women as my target audience. Things just feel better that way. Take advantage of Facebook. As soon as I did my first test carve I posted a video of it on Facebook and almost got 4 orders
just off of the video. Take advantage of seasons as in coming up is valentine’s, then Easter. You do have to make it first, you can describe something all you want but for the most part they can’t see what’s in your head until they can tangibly see it. Door hangers are good sellers using they’re last name or a catchy phrase.

You’ll likely never be able to compete with hobby lobby type pieces so don’t try to. Try to think of things around a $20 to $30 price range that aren’t too time consuming. Ride thru neighborhoods and see what people are putting on their doors. You can also do payment request through messenger on Facebook it’s free and it goes right into your account instantly with no fees. Get half up front so they won’t back out after you invested time. Also make sure you take good clear aesthetically pleasing pictures of everything piece you do that’s got advertisement

2 Likes