Toolpath anomalies way outside of the design element

:man_shrugging: anybody else see anything like this?

I haven’t been able to replicate the issue with other designs, but this particular flag design is causing some anomalies toolpaths. It only seems to happen with this specific design being set to over a certain size, and set to specific locations, and only does it when V bits are used…

Here’s the project:

Here’s a breakdown of the issue.

The best thing to do when there is something like this that comes up is to send the file to Inventables so that they can track down the error. It looks like it has something to do with the design going into Quadrant II and III …

{:0)

Brandon Parker

So, I just exported the design, created a new workpiece, imported the design that I exported, and now the issue is gone. It must be something messed up with the design file itself on the server…maybe…

Brandon Parker

I see your element size , at least in that screenshot is shrunk from the original size… that was also one of my original fixes, simply shrinking the design.

I did also try exporting and starting a whole new project and reimporting the svg, which did not resolve the issue when I did it…
very weird that it worked for you, unless it was also shrunk when you reimported :man_shrugging:

Very strange indeed. When I resized the object the errant toolpaths reappeared.

I have a flag design that I just resized, placed it in the same position, and the errant toolpaths were not observed. When I added a thick border around it, one lonely errant toolpath was generated off to the left.

Some further testing shows that the errant toolpaths are not generated if the design is pushed further into Quadrants II and III. The change occurs between Center-X = -11.2 and Center-X = -11.3. That would be good information to pass along to Inventables.

So, I would just send the issue to Inventables so that they can take a look at the file on their end.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

I’ll send it to them.

thanks for giving it a try :+1::+1:

I just added more information that you can share with them.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Weird.
Weirder if you look at the resultant gcode.

1 Like

Even weiderrererer that it comes and goes with size and exact placement. Sometimes, you have to wonder if there isn’t a monkey with a wrench just sitting there waiting…

Brandon Parker

1 Like

I have a errant tool path as well one point way out in space…

Hey @JeffScott can you share the Easel project please?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.