Tools, Tools, Tools! What do you use?

Google Alex Snodgrass and his bandsaw tuning videos .

I have a jet 14 " that i could not get to cut straight to save my soul and after meeting him at a woodworking show and seeing his demo, I can resaw with a 1/4" blade if my heart desires

1 Like

Thanks @JkWestphal that is a great video

1 Like

For all of my Canadian Moose riders! Here is a great black friday deal! https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.60-l-16-gal-65-peak-hp-wetdry-vacuum-with-cart.1000527586.html

I’ll be picking one up for my new dust collection thingy I made. What do you think

Great for shop cleaning. If you’re planning to use as an Dust collection, they suck very good for short time like 15 minutes to half an hour. Extremely loud and Heats up, you have to turn off. Dust collectors on other hand, works all day long, lot more quiter, suction is not as shop vacuums.

1 Like

I plan on attaching the vacuum to a dust deputy cyclone

While this is an old topic, I was wondering why no one seems to use a thickness planer. I would love to get one as the boards I am able to buy don’t have parallel faces and/or are rough sawn. I experienced very bad carve results at first now I plane the boards with the X carve and that is time consuming.

I have a Delta planer that I use all the time.
I use Vectric desktop and one of the input dimensions for a job is an accurate thickness.