Total Build Time?! - Add your estimate for global average

I just finished building and calibrating my loaded 1000m X-Carve. It was quite a bit more involved than I anticipated. My best guess is it took me around 14-16 hrs to put it together. Please add your build times to this Forum to see if we can get a global average. Good Building!

About 6 or 7 hours over the course of 2 evenings. I did study the build instructions a bit while waiting for delivery.

16 hours sounds about right. I took my time with wire ferrules and such, and did the X-axis stiffening mod though, so that added a bit of time.

1 Like

Yeah, probably about 16 hours, but 2 weeks. Screwed up a couple things and had to take a bunch apart. Made some mods I had not anticipated. And that doesn’t include 4 trips to the hardware store 50 miles away. But it carved perfectly the very first time.

16-17 hours over two days but getting the vcarve pro toolpaths to cut right is taking forever.

It took me about 10 hours total if you do not count tweaks and calibration.
I also studied the assembly instructions prior to receiving it.
Also I was a CNC machines for 30 years and had some idea of what I was doing.

About 8 hours here but I had studied the instructions for weeks beforehand and used power tools.

Hi took me about 7 hours 20 mins to build my 10000mm X Carve and approx. 1 hour 10 mins to build the X controller. I watched lots of You Tube clips before I started on the build. Going to do the X axis stiffening mod next.

About 5hs in one evening (without calibration)

It took me about 12 hours, over the course of 4 days. Another couple of hours in calibration and cable management. And a couple more for building the wasteboard. Unboxed after work on Thursday, making chips by noon on Sunday.