Build a Touch Plate and wire it up to your GShield.
How to send arbitrary gcode via Easel: Machine menu -> Advanced -> Machine Inspector -> Console text field
- Zero your X and Y first.
- Lower your Z close to your touch plate
- Send a G38.2 command to begin the processes
- G21 G38.2 Z-80 F10
- This will set tell your machine you are using Metric, move the Z axis, a distance of 80mm at most, and at a rate of 10 mm/min.
- Mill should now be touching the plate.
- Remove touch plate; Measure touch plate thickness
- Close the Machine Inspector
- Click Carve
- Lower your Z axis the thickness of your touch plate.
- Mill should now be touching your stock; Zeroed in X, Y, Z
Repeat the when using two stage milling. Only change Z height if possible when moving the machine to change bits. If you do need to move the X and Y to get to the spindle, change the bit and then move X and Y back to zero in the exact opposite distances.