Tp-link tl-wr800n

no only the S/N and Mac address.

I do know that when it is not in Client mode, it can be accessed by 192.168.1.253.

In client mode 192.168.1.253 doesn’t allow you access?

no

You might need to hard wire into it (assuming there is a port) to configure it when in client mode.

It does not give me access because Network Settings does not find a Network associated to the TPlink.

Justin is correct, all of my devices require configuration through the Ethernet connection unless the connecting device has WPS.

If it’s like this one:

The Reset button doubles as a WPS button which can help sync it.

1 Like

Ok, So i can control the Laser when the TPlink is in Bridge mode. However I can not configure it in Client. I was able to access the information by ethernet cable and using the IP address while in client but the Chinese has got me beat.

Gentleman, I really appreciate your assistance but I am going to call it. The links that you provided do not seem to help and I can not follow. I have enough issues with Networking as it is, Now to throw Chinese in, Im just doomed.

Thanks again for your assistance.

I will just be purchasing a new Unit that is in English!!! lol

Just out of curiosity, can the Xcarve (Arduino) or a CNC running Mach 3 be controlled wirelessly the same way as with the Ruida Controller?

Thanks again

WPS did not work the same way

I also own a second router that is not being used. Can an Apple Airport Extreme function the same way as the TPLink?

I control my Xcarve “wirelessly” meaning I have a RaspberryPi connected to it and I VNC into the RPi.

You’d need a networked serial port to connect to the Xcontroller but not just any serial port since the USB port is connected to a USB serial chip It’d probably be possible but probably not worth it.

MACH3 can work with an Ethernet SmoothStepper which could go wireless with the right hardware.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7648297?start=0&tstart=0

Looks like a no.

Thank you

Been looking at replacement units. LarryM offered up one option. Another option is going with a similar unit to the one that I have but with English support.

My question is, Is this the best route to take at going wireless with this controller, or is there a better option? I know absolutely nothing about networking so I have to rely on the generosity of those who do.

Thanks again.

What is UTP?

This laser came with the Wirless feature, and it was advertised as being Wireless. When it arrived it had huge WiFi sticker on it. I’m just trying to get this machine to work and function as advertised.

I can make it wireless with the current configuration but the controller software is in Chinese and I have to constantly swap networks.

The main reason why I want to go wireless is the work flow.

Currently I have to save to a flash drive on the pc. Remove the flash drive and insert it into the laser. Find the file on the flash drive connected to the Ruida Controller, copy the file to the internal memory on the controller, exit the flash drive screen, enter the controller memory, find the correct file (the file names get abbreviated on the controller making it more difficult to find the one your looking for). Once you find the file for the second time, then you can load it and prepare it to cut.

Now considering that I am inexperienced with Lasers and inexperienced with RDWorks, this causes more set up time to get the parameters set appropriately. If my first guess was not spot on (which it has not been) then I have to either do one of two things. Manually go into the Ruida software from the controller and change the Parameters of the file, which is time consuming, finicky, and not the easiest task bc the interface is not entirely what I would call user friendly. In addition these changes are not reflected on the original file located on the Pc. My other option is to go back to RDWorks on the computer and revamp the parameters, which is much easier to adjust than on the machine controller itself and the machine controller does not have all parameter adjustments. Once I have the parameters adjusted, then I have to go through the process of loading the file from the PC to the Ruida Controller over again. If the file does not cut as expected, then I have to go through the process over again. Eventually I will have to go back into the controller and remove the files that did not cut correctly.

All of this is very time consuming. That’s why I would like to go wireless. I can make an adjustment to the parameters, load the file and execute it from the PC. Inspect the cut change parameters on the PC and load it again. This process is so much easier and takes substantially less time. And I can also connect multiple PCs wirelessly.

The biggest problem is the Ruida Controller makes you load the file onto its internal memory and does not execute from the flash drive. This makes for a lot of unnecessary steps especially in the case of modifying the parameters.

Yesterday to raster a small 40mm x15mm name tag and cut it out, it took nearly 10 attempts to get the parameters adjusted until the part came out perfectly. This meant that I had to go through the steps of getting the file from the PC to the controller memory 10 times. This meant 9 files had to go back and be deleted and if I had just changed the parameters on the controller, then I would have to finally go back and save the appropriate file on the PC in RDWorks, so that if needed I can open that same file as it cuts in the future bc the file that goes to the controller (some kind of Gcode file) and the file that gets saved that RDWorks can Open are completely different files. (I have noticed that this is similar to V carve and other Cam programs so it is typical.)

So being able to wirelessly connect will make the workflow much easier and less time consuming in the long run.

Yes I could tether the laser to the pc with an Ethernet or USB but then I am leashed to the laser by the length of the cord and I have to dance around the cord so not to trip or yank my laptop off of the worksurface.

Wireless makes this so much easier.

As another example. I was cutting some 25mm circles out of acrylic. The circles would not come out Circle. There was always a step at the beginning and the cut did not line up perfectly. After doing some research, I found what was wrong. There was absolutely nothing that I could do to the file parameters on the Ruida Controller that would fix this. So I had to go back into RDWorks and locate one box and Check it.

Save the file on the computer, save the cutting file onto the flash drive. Remove the flash drive from the PC, insert into Ruida Controller, locate the flash drive on the Ruida controller. Read the flash drive. Find the appropriate file. Load the file onto the Ruida Controllers internal memory. Exit the flash drive. Go into the internal memory on the controller. Find the file, and remember the file could have been renamed by the controller, decipher which file is the new file. Delete the old file. Run the new file. Check the part.

All of the above steps where required to just add a check mark to a box on an existing file and get that parameter changed on the file located inside the Ruida Controller.

To change this wirelessly, open the file in RDWorks. Check the box. Save the new file. Upload to the IP address of the controller wirelessly. And finally execute the file again. Much much much shorter work flow and a lot less frustrating.

It does work and I have seen it work. I just want to be able to link the laser to the home network so that I only have one SSID network.

If I knew how to read Chinese and was efficient in Networking, then I possibly would not have an issue. But considering I do not read Chinese and I am ignorant when it comes to Networks, I am having difficulties.

If it was in English and I understood the Network protocols, I probably would not have an issue. But unfortunately that’s not the case.

Untwisted Shielded Pair

Is that RJ45?

Then why didn’t you call it a RJ45???:nerd_face: just kidding. Some of these components have so many different names it gets confusing especially for those of us who are not extremely computer literate.

This is why I have to ask so many questions, just to verify that we are on the same page and I understand what you are trying to explain to me. This is how I learn best.

Thank you for taking the time to assist in educating me.

Good more education.

So an RJ45 is just a plug and not a cable with plugs on the end?

What is on the ends of a Cat5 and Cat6 Cable?

The cable between the above connectors is the UTP, correct?

How does a UTP attach to a PC?:wink: (other than RJ45?)