Trouble making ovals

This newbie needs some help on a project. I need to how to cut out an oval but leaving a full thickness of the wood 1" border all the way around. Then I assume I will need a second oval to carve 1/4" deep from the rest of that oval. I will have text but will leave it as an 0.0" no cut. I understand how to do everything except for telling the router to do the 1" wide border and a full thickness cut on the outside edge. Hopefully you can understand what I want to do!! :thinking:

Is this something like what you want to do? I created the oval and used the Offsetter app to get the Zero-depth oval and cutout that is 1" larger than the pocket oval.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Here’s How It’s Done: (I guess i uploaded the video too soon and now it’s going to preview as this grey image) :man_facepalming:

Thank you Brandon!

1 Like

No problem!!

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Great video Seth! That explained everything. :+1: :+1: I was screwing up the offset oval. I was checking the “inward” box. Will be testing out my “new knowledge” tomorrow.

1 Like

Seth,

I ran into a snag. Watching your video I am not seeing the icons at the top of the screen. You can see them at the :30 second mark and also later in the video Also my waste board always has a blue dashed line on the lower left. Not sure why it’s there or the purpose of it. I took a screen shot of it but could not find a way to attach it into this reply.

Duane

it usually takes too long to type everything out, so here’s another quick clip to show why your not seeing the alignment buttons and what the blue dashes are indicating and how to adjust those as well…

You can do one of two things: copy the image and simply CTRL+V into the message where you want it or hit the upload button; it’s the one with the arrow pointing up.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Thank you Brandon!

Duane

2 Likes

Thanks once again, Seth. Clears up more confusion on my end. :yum:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.