Troubleshooting - Moving spindle to the selected depth of the carve

I am facing a dilemma, upon completing the routing process to carve using Easel, upon I click on ‘‘carve’’ despite of the depth a set my carving on the piece of wood, the spindle travel on top of the piece of wood without going downward to carve the pattern. I reset on several attempt to get the bit at the right height prior to trigger the carve action, but I am still puzzle why the spindle does not go downward onto the piece of wood at the depth selected. The spindle travel on the of wood and I can see it makes the shape of the pattern but I have to ‘‘giggle’’ the Easel set up to compensate the ‘‘raise you bit’’ command prior to click on ’ carve’. I submit my question to Inventables support team and they do not seems to understand my problem. What is that I do wrong??? Your help to anyone will be welcome.

Sounds like your workflow related to setting Z=0 relative to your work piece need to change :slight_smile:

You might want to check out this video made by @PhilJohnson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HqbPW6VZLU

1 Like

Haldor, Gee thanks, I will implement your routine as shown on the video made by Phil Johnson…Regards

1 Like

Phil, yes good idea.

1 Like

Phil, I watched your video and I did set up the Z-probe along with the Work position versus the Machine position, it is two different data. I will make a second carving attempt to see if I master as per your video setting. thanks

Phil, sorry I met the video done by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HqbPW6VZLU. Regards

Phil, on a second note are you using VCarve-Pro?? If so, what is your experience versus the Easel software??

Phil, thanks for your prompt response. Hum! I am a computer dum dum, Ok, I learned the hard way, trying and error system … eventually I will learn. I love the KISS system… Keep Information for Stupid Simple… cheers.

1 Like

Hum!!! Phil you are a wise fellow… even me at 76 years I am still learning from people… . great… cheers. Ok one step at the time I will get going with Vcarve-Pro… eventually I will get there… thanks

1 Like

Robert, Thanks, indeed I will consult it.

Bonjour Alain! Comment s’est deroule l’assemblage du X Carve?

Hello Alain! How was the assembly process of your new X Carve?

Bonjour Laurent, J’ai terminé le montage, ce n’est que c’est compliqué mais il faut faire attention aux petits détails au montage tel qu’insérer les boulons spéciaux dans les coulisses des de la structure, si tu en oublies tu dois démanteler et réassembler. Sur le plan électrique c’est assez simple les photos illustrent bien le montage, comme je devais m’y attendre au moment de mes premiers essais, les scultures étaient à l’envers, la cause était que certains raccords électriques n’étaient pas au bon raccord. Le tout est corrigé et je me familiarise avec l’X-carve et le logiciel Easel. Il y a beaucoup de commentaires sur le forum sur a peu près tous les sujets pertinents que tu peux penser.

A noter que j’ai installé l’X-carve sur un coussin caoutchouté, ce qui en réduit le bruit et la vibration.

Bonne chance…

Laurent,

A propos de la vibration et du bruit, un morceau de Sryrofoam 1’’ devrait faire l’affaire a mettre en dessous de ta plaque ‘‘waste board’’… Salut

Bonjour Alain!

Pas de nouvelle depuis un ptit bout de temps.

Comment ca va avec le X carve?

Beaucoup de plaisir?

Bonjour Laurent,

Quel est ton numéro de téléphone? Ici tu peux me rejoindre sur mon mobile au 514-651-5523 ou à mon bureau 450-434-0373… à bientôt

Bonjour Alain! Tu t’amuse toujours avec beaucoup avec ton X Carve? Petit renseignement…te rappelles-tu la grosseur de chaques boites que tu avais recu? Il se peut que je passe par Chicago cet été et je me demande si le tout (sauf le waste board) entrerait dans le coffre d’une voiture(RAV4) en plus de nos bagages. Il me semble que oui…les tracks en aluminium, le controlleur, toute la quincaillerie, les moteurs etc…

Merci pour l’info!