Turning router off

Hopefully someone out there can help me. Ok I do a carve using Easel. After the carve is complete and before clicking on “Looks Great”, when I turn my router off, I loose connectivity to Easel. I cannot Jog my machine, without exiting Easel and restarting it…Any ideas as to what might be causing this? My Router is on a completely different circuit than my X controller. X controller is plugged into a Battery Backup surge protector and router is on a different circuit.
Thanks for any suggestions…ideas…

is the router on the same circuit as the computer? The communications chip in the X-Controller is actually powered by 5V signal from the PC itself over the USB cable. so a drop or spike in that 5V can cause a disconnection possibly. However it’s also possible that an EMI event during turning off the router could also cause it to loose connection as well.
I’m not sure if this could also be the issue, but you may want to double check these settings to ensure the USB Selective Suspend setting is set to “disabled” as well… How to Disable USB Selective Suspend and stop your CNC carves from fai – His N Hers Handcrafted

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.