Two stage cuts

@JoeBecker, @MichaelLukeJr, @MichaelZawicki, @DarylKines you all have access now.

I’d like access also!

Messing around with this a little recently I see that EASEL doesn’t choose what I would consider the correct bit for some of the objects like a through-cut for an outline of a sign. Even though the material is thicker than a normal cut length for the detail bit size it seems to want to cut it with the detail bit.

Two things that could be done

1. Allow the user to set the cut depth of a bit and have EASEL figure out where that bit can actually cut.
  2. Allow the user to specify which pass (roughing/ detail) an object should be cut in; this could be an option on the design side for each object.

Better yet; combine both abilities.

Just a few thoughts…

{:0)

Brandon

1 Like

Can I get access?

I, too would love to have access to this. I love being able to log into Easel and seeing fantastic new features!

is this feature not yet default? Or are there problems with it so that it is impossible to continue? I would like access to many new features that seems to be around for several months now. but I do not see them on default in my Easel tool. My X-carve is set up and tuned… Ready for the big work but I’m thinking off using different software as I do not see the progress some others are talking about…

please add me to allow two stage cuts. Thanks

I would love to work with this feature

First try and it went OK, I did manage to align the cuts but missed a thousand in Z-axis.

1st cut with 1/4" and second cut with 3 mm. I wonder I’we should use a feeler gauge between the tool and the material when changing tool.

I would like to try this also

Hello everybody,
I was wondering if i could use 2stagecut to force red-zoned area… and saving time…

little explain: if i want to force red-zoned area with my 1/4bit, i need to set up 1/8 or smaller bit (for example…)
so easel, will calculate cutting setings for 1/8 bit… this will be unnecessarily long but can work (yay i know the offset problem with diameter…)

idea with 2stage cuts:
if I make my first step with 1/4
then 2nd step with 1/4 too, but configured 1/8 in easel.
This allows me to save time for internal machining. track of finish will be calculated for the eighth so I’ll have a small offset 1/16 takes outside

the red area will be larger but they wont be skiped (i juste have one bit for the moment ^^)
what do you think ?

I would like to test this feature, thanks.

@LSUEngineer, @Michael5, @EricMccord, @StijnCoussement, @WallaceMarcus, @GaryMorris, @ChrisLedbetter, @BrandonGetz—you now have access to the two-stage carving feature.

I was just wondering when you think this will be out of the testing phase. I doubt I’d be much help in the testing phase but do look forward to it coming on out.

I would like to test this feature as well. Got the x-carve up and running about two weeks ago, and everything is running great. Would love to have the ability to run a roughing then a detail pass to cut down on carve time. Thanks.

Could I be added to the two stage cut list also?

Thank you

I would also like to be added to this test! Thanks!

@KaseyJay, @DanMoore, @EricRowe—you now have access to the two-stage carving feature.

Probably not too much longer. I think the main issues left to be ironed out involve giving you more control over which bit is used for outline cuts.

We’re also working on a way to let you try out these experimental features without committing to anything (although it’s a pretty small commitment even today—we aren’t hounding everyone for feedback or anything).

1 Like

rodovich,
Can you please allow me to have access to the two stage feature. Ive been doing some carving lately and i have been having a hard time without have the ability to change tools. Thanks

Very interested in this feature!!