UGS Position

Can anyone point me in the right direction… I’m using UGS and would like the spindle to return to a different position other than my zero point once a carve is done. I want to do this so I can remove the piece it just cut, and get a new piece on as quick as I can… I’m doing 50+ copies of the same piece each run, so my home position is staying the same, I just want to avoid having to move the spindle after each piece.

Thanks!
-Brennan

Why not just add a couple lines to your gcode? Maybe make your second last line go to the destination you want to be at? Then the last line can raise the bit up and out of the way.

Try searching for G28. I think this is what you want to do. Good luck with your project.

It’s not a UGS thing. It’s whatever post processor you are using to export the toolpaths.

Modify the post processor to send a G28 or G30 and setup that position like Michael recommmended.

This explains G28 with UGS pretty well and why it’ll work after homing your machine and why you may crash if you don’t. Learning About G28

That’s exactly what I was looking for, just didn’t know what it was called. Thanks everyone!!