Universal G0code sender/Fusion 360 help please

Love my Vectric products!

All done!!

I dont like the surface finish though its not going to be good enough with that parell pass

1 Like

I think I need to use less of a stepover to get a better finish stepover of like .01mm

That would help without a doubt, but looks pretty good.

yeah I just dont like those ridges on the side I sanded down the top a bit

but now I have to figure out how to v-carve the text into the top of it I am thinking about using f-engrave to do that probably

I just wonder if I should wait until I am at this stage to do it or if it should be the first thing that i should do

I would do the roughing pass, the finishing pass, the text and then the cutout.

If you make the text part of the model, you can skip the text toolpath, but you would need a smaller bit to get the detail.

Yeah I would really like to make the v-carving part of the model but i cant figure out how to do that in Fusion 360 what i need is v-carve pro to make quick work of that

and yeah that text that I modeled in fusion uses like a .0040" endmill thats to small

Fusion doesnt support v-carving

For now, f-engrave seems to be the way to go.

well v-carve offers a fully functional free trial dont they? I might have to make this under the trial just to get it finished up

V-carve trial does not allow you to export gcode from your own projects. I gave it up at that point.