Update display resolution of material

Easel team, firstly, wow… great software that has really allowed me to create a few great first test projects… it took the fear out of the first few cuts and now I’m flying along making sawdust.

I work in the visual effects industry and one of the things I noticed immediately was the resolution of the preview window is really really low. I understand a bunch of tech reasons why this could be the case, but it would be awesome to have the ability to create a “rendered” frame from the preview view that shows a better image prior to launching a lengthy carve. Those jaggies just don’t look great.

I’ve included an image for reference.

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, it leaves much to be desired. Hopefully they will spend more time to fix this.

In the meantime, you can go to Machine > Advanced > Generate G-Code and load the exported G-Code into a free software called CAMotics which does great simulations and renders.

2 Likes

CAMotics works very well, I use it all the time to verify my G-Code.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for the information.

Thanks, it even works on MacOSx.

Hey Phil, yes, all hands on deck for new advances with the software, but I don’t think the ship will sink if they devote a little time to making the GUI render a little more robust.

not yet :wink: