Updated version of Halftoner posted - V1.6

what is the N for?

https://inventables.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2258567-easel-g-code-spec

1 Like

ok, removing all N* (using regex) helps. Now it goes all the way to… line 4 :slight_smile:
The problem now is “out of bounds”… so I’ll look at that tomorrow by resizing properly within halftoner

1 Like

I should have a new version of Halftoner posted relatively soon that includes an option to remove the line numbers. I can probably add an option to make the output Easel / UGS compatible and remove the extraneous codes from the init line too.

6 Likes

@JasonDorie are you considering introducing interpolation in “lines” style in v1.7 to get rid of redundant gcode?

I’ve implemented that in the latest version, for lines, squares, and circles modes. I just have to get the time to actually post it. :slight_smile: I’ve been sucked into the vortex of rewriting the software for my laser cutter, and it’s been a little all-consuming. (If anyone owns a Chinese import laser cutter, you might want to check out my YouTube channel for progress demos)

2 Likes

New version posted:

1 Like

Jason, the link to the new version 1.7 doesn’t work (at my location, The Netherlands).

This is fixed now - Sorry about that.

Trying different settings and set ups. Here are two engravings done with Version 1.7 Thanks to Jason for the software ! Some erratic movement but this does not show up in a G code simulator. Not all engravings show this movement, so might be the x-carve…

bowie engraving