Updates to the Easel interface

@TorSelden try sending the perimeter object one the work area to the back. You can do this by selecting said object and then choosing Edit > Send to Back…

See if that fixes your issue of when that part of the tool paths is carved.

1 Like

beat ya to it :smile:

edit: or not… the posts just shifted order…

I AM LORD OF TIME! Going back in time to make myself look good since 2189.

5 Likes

@sketch42 @Rusty LOL! Thank you! I’ll pass this along to the users at our makerspace!

1 Like

I just live slightly in the future… nothing like your fancy time traveling self. :rocket: :watch:

1 Like

There is still a rounding bug with millimeters.

When you go through the Carve dialog and are asked to confirm bit size try typing 5.95mm. It ends up as 6mm in the dialogue box - yet is correct behind the scenes. Minor, but an oversight still.

Can anyone confirm what I am seeing on my end?

In the shape, x and y position text boxes, any negative number is used as the positive. So if you enter “-0.1”, it will use “0.1”

Easel only displays metric values to the nearest 0.1mm in most places throughout the UI currently. It wouldn’t be a difficult change for us to display another digit for mm in the bit field.

Jeff

1 Like

Andy4us is mentioning something I’ve seen as well and it’s not a need for another decimal place. On the shape screen x and y position text boxes, if you enter a negative number say to move your pattern to the left or below the home position, the text boxes change the negative number to a positive number.

If you enter “-0.1” tab off the position it will convert to “0.1”. Doesn’t seem to matter if it is mm or inches.

For example, if you want to center an object on Home you have to drag it because the Shape | Position | X & Y do not let you enter negative numbers. You can drag to a negative position, but you cannot enter it by typing.