USB Connection Issue

Needing suggestions/help…

I have the X-Carve and been running it on a new laptop running windows 11…
This past Sunday, after starting up the laptop and X-Carve to continue a project I’m working on, the computer would not recognize the X-Carve at all…

The X-Carve does have power, front & rear green LED’s are lit, and the little motors do their little jig when switched on. On a side note, while searching the forum and reading almost everything related to this problem, I found a wiring schematic that showed the test points on the board. From the TP5 (5v) to TP 1,2,3 all have 3v - TP 4 has 4v - TP6 has 23v. Power supply shows 23v.

After checking quite a few items, including connecting it directly to the circuit board, I have narrowed it down to the USB does not do its little “Beep” when connecting the cable… Tried other ports, same result. Checked the ports (3) with my wireless mouse and they all work (Beep, Beep) fine.

Hooked up the X-Carve on a Windows 10 computer and got “USB device not recognized.” “The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.”

TIA, Roger

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.