Using arabic letter sets

Hi there,

I have switched language on the computer to an arabic letter set, and whilst that appears fine on the designer window, it does not appear on the render window, and the toolpath predicted clearly doesn’t match the proposed lettering.

Any thoughts?

Pete

A workaround:

• Use Inkscape or any other text/image editor that can export as SVG
  • Import text as SVG into Easel

Or:

• Take a fullscreen screenshot of the text (as large as possible)
  • Use Easel Image Trace app to convert the text to a vectorized object (will be uneditable as text though)
1 Like

@PeterGriffiths welcome to the forum!

Sorry about this, I’m going to follow up with our development team and see what is going on. @HaldorLonningdal gave a great workaround in the mean time. Always when worst comes to worst if you can convert to a straight vector and import as an .svg you’ll be good to go.

I sometimes carve in Russian. First time I tried this I realized what was happening. Having a graphics arts/ commercial printing background I knew how to fix it. Fonts are interesting characters, (Lol) what you see is the screen font. The background files are not there. I just do my text in Illustrator, then convert to paths then export to .svg. The Fonts included in Easel all have the .svg font included with the Screen font. That’s why they work and the ones in your machine don’t. Usually free fonts have not these files. Most of the time fonts you purchase have the full array of technical stuff included.

Hebrew/Arabic was a WHOLE new thing to me, including reading it right to left. I had to find a font (installed a font) that worked, and another that resembled the Hebrew style that read in English, and then use Inkskape to import, clean it up, and save it to an SVG to import into Easel. Pretty proud of myself. Wasn’t too hard after some trial and error.

1 Like