Using tracing patterns

looking for any help . i bought the x carve to do mainley two dimensional pieces foe her tole painting business . my father inlaw does all the cutting on his scrool saw now but need to be able to mass produce many items we have drawn patterns for everything and trying to scan and use them doesn’t work very well most of the time the outline of the figure is incomplete . so my question is what is the best way to digitize these tracing patterns . any help would be very welcome thanks

1 Like

this might help with your project :

Online Image Vectorizer (vectorization.org)

2 Likes

If you are taking pictures of the items, you will want to use a background that is a solid color, either black or white, and opposite the spectrum from the item being imaged. Also, you will want to take the picture as perpendicular to the surface the object is resting on as possible. Another tip is to place a ruler in the image as well that way when you import the image into Easel you can lock the Width & Height dimensions and change the axis the ruler is aligned to so that it is the exact length on the ruler (i.e. 1" is actually 1").

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

thanks ken will give it a try

1 Like

thank you brandon all the help is appreciated wil give it a try

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.