Using VCarve software to carve directly to X-Carve

Some of the G-code commands are “modal” which means once you set them they don’t change until you set them again. When you cancel your job you don’t know what the current state of the machine is when you send it a new command.

After you cancel a job you can do a “soft reset” which will return the machine to a known state. Follow that with a “return to zero”.

1 Like

Thanks for reply
I will try today for “soft reset”

when hit cancel. first should hit “soft reset” than next hit “return to zero” like this? right

Yes, try that and see if it works for you.

@LarryM. Do you have a link to the nightly builds version? What’s different about it from regular UGS?

I don’t have that link, I use 1.0.9

Maybe someone else will jump in with that link.

Current nightly build direct link:
http://bit.ly/1hftIhy

Or halfway down this page:

Lol sorry about that. I read through this thread and thought it was you that was talking about the nightly build version. Although you usually do have an answer so it’s kinda your fault.

2 Likes

Hi LarryM, I try the steps like you said “soft reset” than “return to zero” it does not work same problem as before
spindle does not lift up directly moves to work zero.

Another experience I see yesterday after many air runs I see if I set work zero all axis and pick file
to be carve and than hit “Reset Zero” while carving if cancel it is lift Z upto 0.5 inches and
back to work zero but spindle has Descending method (flight landing) when reach work spindle touch
work piece. can have any method I need spindle should be lift first and back with 0.5 in

Could you jog the spindle up manually before hitting return to zero? As long as you havent cut power or moved any of the axis’s by hand the achine should have reference to it’s position in relation to it’s work environment. or, “it should still know where it is”

When you are running UGCS, the program will display the G-code commands being sent to your machine in the console tab.

What G-code commands are sent when you press “Return to Zero”?

No I did not jog spindle up manually before hitting “Return to zero” machine stands that position when hit Cancel
than I hit “return to zero” spindle does not lift up and directly moves to work zero.
I do sometimes Cancel the job due to depth issue or material not level or something
like power cuts etc.

G90 G0 Z0.0
G90 G0 X0 Y0 Z0
since long two month I seen like this

now
G90 G0 Z0.49111111111
G90 G0 X0 Y0 Z0
Yesterday I seen like this
when it raise spindle up and back to work zero like descending order similar like (flight landing)

Once you hit cancel, and everything stops, do all the controls lock up? Since I run two monitors, one on the laptop and a second standard monitor. I have a box pop up on the other screen that states "job complete after so many minutes (00:00:30)

I need to hit ok in this box before it will let me do anything on the main screen,then I can jog the machine with the XYZ +/- buttons. if you are running only one screen this pop up box may be hidden under other windows.

Thanks for your kind help and answering me
it is very useful function for my work sometimes need very important “Cancel”
I will check once more accurate values

Ok, that’s bad. Are you still running 1.0.9? Try reloading/installing UGCS. It may be corrupt.

I am not sure if I am giving you truly accurate information since I really only know maybe half of what I am doing :slight_smile: I certainly do not totally understand all of what is going on with machine states, ie; modal, absolute, etc My understanding of g-code is kind of like knowing a little spanish, I can find the bathhrooms and order a beer, maybe dinner but a real conversation in the other language is still not really possible.

If hit cancel the job continue runs for while few seconds than I receive job complete window than
all controls working you mean should I need manually up spindle at that position than hit return to zero
I did like that it crash material goes down crazy I broken bits

That’s normal. Cancel doesn’t clear the buffers it just stops sending new commands.

Easel is good but some places have Internet Network issues need to stay till connected. if the power cuts during job runs easel also have problem to work zero