V-Carve Lettering Problem

I did that before Easel Pro, so it was done with a 1/4" and 1/16" downcut bits. I agree that one bit would take longer. I was just wondering if the changing of the bits was the cause of the blowouts. If the problem disappears using only one bit, you can narrow down the problem. Here’s the relief cross file that I posted earlier. Easel - Psalm 30:5 Even using just the 60-degree v-bit, the runtime is under an hour and a half. It’s a fairly small project, so maybe you could test the theory with something like that.

Appears project is not shared.

Not sure what happened. Does this one work?

Has there been any update on this? I am having the same issue and it’s driving me nuts! Please help!

Have these issues been resolved @JeffTalbot ? I am having this same problem with 60 and 90 degree bits. It is driving me crazy

@JohnJung This is an old thread and the original issue was resolved. What problem are you having?

Hi John,

We do not believe there are any open software issues from this thread. We did extensive investigation on the issue shown in this screenshot:

We found that the artifacts in the corners seen in the D and the R can be caused by deflection of the spindle/bit due to forces on the bit no matter what v-carving software is used. We ran a number of carves of a design exactly like this using both Easel Pro and V-Carve Pro and were able to produce similar results on different X-Carve machines to varying degrees with both pieces of software. You should be able to minimize the problem by making sure your X-Carve is tuned and the Z-Axis assembly has no play in it. Reducing the feed rate can also help.

I have the same issue as the picture… everything seems to be carving well then on the “clean up”pass it bulges out the corners … only when using v bits and mainly block letters.

Can you please submit a help request inside the file so the software engineering team can take a look at your file?

Any updates to this? I’m just getting into the world of v bits and have noticed the exact same problem of the final pass gouging my type. I know I’m not the only one still experiencing this. Same problem across multiple machines and it’s fin until it goes for the dreaded final pass.

This same issue has been driving me absolutely nuts. I have a hard time understanding how there could be this much deflection. It seems like a depth issue for me. Like it is going a little too deep on the “clean up” pass. Anyone on this thread find a solution other than deflection?

I have seen a lot of post about this issue and most of the time the reason is things are loose on the machine. Not the angle of the bit, not the flat spot on the bit, things need to be adjusted. Last week someone on FB was having the same problem so I face timed them and they were able to grab the router and move it up and down, so there was play in the Z axis up and down. Things were tightened and the problem went away. There shouldn’t be any play in the Z axis up and down or side to side or front to back. I have seen your post on FB and on this forum so I know you are frustrated, you will find the problem and get it fixed.
Russell

Thanks Russell, but I think I am done. There is no play in any direction that we have been able to find, and I have worked with multiple people both from Inventables and the Facebook groups. I understand that there are assembly differences and each machine is assembled by the owner, but two months of troubleshooting with people with a ton more expertise than me has not gotten me anywhere. At some point I just have to say the machine is not of enough quality to produce what I would like. I’m hoping they will honor a refund from the start date of these issues not from the current date. I have one last call with Inventables tomorrow.

1 Like

@Al13 What types of wood did you use for your inlay boards? I really like those!