V-carving in Easel

This is exciting stuff. I cannot wait for vcarve in easel, again thank you for all you do for the cnc community.

Great things going on at Inventables. Iā€™m interested as well when itā€™s ready for prime time.

I would love this feature added to Easel

Aye, Phil, why do they always ignore you? I followed your suggestion and am starting to play with f engrave.

1 Like

Wait, what? You said something? :wink:

1 Like

V-carving would be a great addition to an already awesome interface!

1 Like

Cool cool. What would you make @JamesBrydie

Apart from signs, I would be interested in chip carving designs and celtic knots.

I am interested in v carving. Thanks.

hello guys, sorry i just buy my x-carve and i have a question, do i have to be connected to the interte all the time in order to run my machine? or theres a easel version that i can download? thanks for your help

V-carving would be awesome!

Please add V carving to easelā€¦ The Fidget app got put in there and that is mainly for making toyā€™s which is really cool ā€¦ Please and thank you to any progress made with Easel ā€¦

Iā€™m new to this but so far Iā€™ve discovered that it might be useful if before cutting you had an idea about how many passes the machine was going to make to achieve your desired depth and how deep the last pass was going to be. At least for me so far the depths I choose are mostly arbitrary based on visual appeal.

If, at least for me, a last pass is only going to be a few thousandths, I would probably elect to skip the final pass and speed up the carve by that much.

I know this can be figured manually before the carve, and the DOC changed to make the passes come out even, but Iā€™m lazy and donā€™t want to fool with it. Might be nice to have the computer figure this out. Just a thought

Using Vcarve in Easel would be awesome!!!

1 Like

My apologies. I thought I was commenting on Easel in general, not V carving specifically.

1 Like

This thread is EPIC!

It reads like a book with moments of excitement, followed by moments of people saying 'add me" followed by people saying ā€œcoming soonā€, followed by more ā€œadd meā€™sā€ followed by some mac vs pc hatredā€¦ All we need now is a murder and weā€™d be set.

I would second the feedback that suggest using Fusion 360, Iā€™m self taught on the software and picked up how to create v-carves using the cam section fairly easily. A couple of mistakes, but trial and error got me to the finish line. Fusion 360 is also great for 3D printing as well. Not knocking easel, I would prefer to be a one-stop shop for most things and easel is close on many fronts.

If Easel does eventually add v-bit support, I will be very happy, Iā€™m sure the PHD person is still beavering away in @Zach_Kaplan 's basement working out the complex math etcā€¦ Generally speaking, the 'what bit are you using" section could (with the greatest of respect) use a mighty overhaul to accommodate the many types of bits you can use.

Still, 17 months on and weā€™re all still here, and long may this thread continue!

Mark

2 Likes

where are you guys at with easel doing vcarving

This is awesome. I am with the community, lets see some vcarve options in easel. ok I put in my 2 cents. have a great day!!

I canā€™t wait! F-Engrave is working for me, but the results are somewhat unpredictable. Thanks for the all the work you guys are doing to Easel!

1 Like

V-Carving is a much needed option. With the ability to specify the V-bit angle.
Has their been any word on this becoming a feature?

1 Like