V-carving in Easel

Wow such a nice work, have you done any more of this kinda work? really calms me down making me having less headaches. thanks for everything.

Turns outā€¦that was the one and only time I used f-engrave and v-carved anything.

Yes for sure v carving would be great

1 Like

What angle bits do you use? 90 degree? 60 degree? Both? Others?

I would be interested.

Yes, 60 and 90

90 and 60 are mostly like the most common two bits used

1 Like

I hope this means that you are close to releasing a revision to easel with vcarving capabilities. That would make a lot of us very happy

1 Like

Me too please. Have a huge project coming up and itā€™s all in easel. V carve would be perfect for it.

@Zach_Kaplan - I hope you donā€™t intend to tie us down to specific angles. It has been my experience that v-bits (like standard end mills) arenā€™t precise. A 90 degree bit may actually measure 89 or 91 degrees.

This is a great how-to for determining the exact angle of the bit you are using -

1 Like

i would be more then interested.

In order of preferenceā€¦ 90, 60, 30. Just tried the in some pine for a photo carveā€¦ realizing that pine is the worst thing to try an hold any fine details in. Gonna try it again in acrylic then some nice wood.

I meant which do you prefer.

I prefer the 90 the most, at least thatā€™s what I design in the most.

Almost exclusively use my 60

1 Like

Would welcome the addition to Easelā€¦ Great to see a great product evolving to an amazing product.

Maybe we can add a zerodegree one?
Call it a v bit just to mess with people even though the technical term is endmill. :grin::grin::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
JK!
I would say maybe put all the bits you (@Zach_Kaplan) sell on the site into a library? Or just put in a blank field to fill in the angle and tip flatness. The math is slightly complex but relatively straight forward.

Maybe yes

from Oct 15 to Aug 17ā€¦this is a pretty long and yet exciting thread!

any news about the v-bit support?

5 Likes

I just ordered my X carve 1000 and I think that that improvement would be great. I am an cnc machinist and I can hardly wait to get mine running.