V-carving in Easel

Absolutely would love this option.

No clue what I would make with it. Other than signs. Lol. But I def would add lots of options.

Edit… Ninja’d. Wow that looks awesome. I’d make those. @sketch42. Lol

2 Likes

I would love to see this become a feature of easel!

Zach, V-carving functionality in Easel would not only add to the appeal of the program itself, but could very well become an added incentive to purchase the X-carve. This is especially true for those undecided folks who do not look forward to the hassle of learning and using multiple software packages just to carve something on the machine. Keeping it all “in house” is a good business model.

As several have already responded, v-carving adds a certain elegance to signs and even inlays.

Thank you for pursuing this feature. I am extremely impressed with your operation. You guys rock!!!

3 Likes

Being able to use a v-bit to make square corners will be awesome!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback!

As you know V-Carving is a really complex feature to add. We have a lot of things that we need to do with the foundation of Easel before we can support it. One thing we are working on in the near term is improving Easel’s performance. For example when you upload a really complex SVG file right now it can get bogged down. We are working through some performance enhancements to make these processes work faster and in some cases a-synchronously. This means down the road Easel will be able to handle more complexity. Once it can handle more complexity we can start moving into things like V-Carving and 3D.

Here’s a preview of what could be in the future. It’s just an experiment but after we improve performance something like this could exists.

I can’t give any dates on when this will be ready. Right now we are heads down getting Carvey out the door and improving the performance of Easel.

15 Likes

im in for v carving once available

1 Like

Ditto.

1 Like

vcarve and/or aspire

That would be a great add on for easel. I have to tell you that I do have Vcarve desktop and photo Vcarve and I still like easel better

Yes, I’m very interested. Besides sign work, would a V-carve function allow modulations in the Z-axis? I’m interested in making a sign where there would be some recessed open areas. Instead of making a flat plane, I’d rather use a rounded bit and be able to create a rough carved-like texture with the Z-axis essentially making delicate waves in that open field. Is this something that might be accomplished with such software?

I am interested

Yep add my voice to the mix.

I haven’t bought an x-Carve yet, I have a large-ish laser cutter and do quite a lot of work for local signage companies, and have started to look around to get into CNC to widen the range of services that I can offer, so for me this would really help me to make up my mind to buy an x carve

Yes please.

Another Mac user here

I would also strongly encourage V-carve capacity in Easel. While others have
successfully used Macs via Bootcamp or Parallels, I never used these options
successfully.

So, YES!

You used Easel for that?

It would certainly open up new venues for us small business users.

I used Aspire running in VirtualBox on my Mac to generate the g-Code for it and then sent the g-Code via ChiliPeppr to the X-Carve. The point was that I’d love to do away with that process and just use Easel to create the same sort of stuff.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks. I would love to not even delve into that multi application work flow to begin with.

I’m interested !

I’m in too. I wish I could return V-carve pro. The learning curve is too big for me.