Valentine Day Project Ideas

Anyone have any new ideas for valentine day? I prefer quick cheap projects I can sell for a few bucks.

There was a really great post that a contributor had where it looked like the initials were carved into a treeā€¦ however all his stuff is gone now

Google images for free clip art

If you go to Thingiverse you can use the customizer app to place 4 messages on 4 hearts. These will then be in .stl format. If you have a package like Vectricā€™s Vcarve Desktop, you can create the tool paths to carve these out. The app has an option to put a hole in the heart so that you can make it into a necklace.

Openscaddad has some other CNC projects in a collection.

Heā€™s the greatest!!!

Candy hearts, as noted above, seem easy and obvious and like something that would sell.

Lots of SVG files out there of roses ā€¦ carve in red oak, reddish stain and some tung oil ā€¦ could be a trivet or whatever. Could even do a carve of a dozen roses arranged on a circle. With a V bit, I think it would go pretty quick.

Any other ideas I have get complex, like small wooden boxes to put chocolates or jewelry or whatever into.

I think I just have a aversion to this holiday lol. Any other time Iā€™m so much more excited about ideas of things to make lol.

I think this was by Phil Johnson.

You can contact him at:

3 Likes

SHHHH I donā€™t think you are allowed to speak his name here anymoreā€¦ Lets just call him ā€œVoldermortā€ from now on.

5 Likes

I think a way to go and maybe sell even better is to go snarky or a little bit against the Valentines Day grain. Not hateful, but tweak it a bit. Iā€™m thinking of the coffee mug a co-worker has that says, ā€œHave a happy whatever doesnā€™t offend you.ā€

So Iā€™m picturing a heart or flower or whatever that says something like, ā€œThis hereby certifies my acknowledgement of this and all future Saint Valentineā€™s Days.ā€

And it is a shame. :cry:

1 Like

imageRedirect Notice

2 Likes

Cheap. Not necessarily quick.

https://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects/2014/crazy-heart.html

https://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects/2012/heart-of-love-box.html

Iā€™m going with bandsaw hearts from 4x4 cedar. One inside the other. Not a CNC project, but could have a name or message engraved on the lid.
Hearts

1 Like

Those look nice!

This didnā€™t take too long and worth a few bucks.

2 Likes

16-free-heart-love-vector-shapes-printable-templates.pdf (246.4 KB)

16-free-heart

2 Likes

The Xcarve could easily cut out the pieces for this. You would still have to go through the arrow process for each of these, but I could see these selling well.

I still canā€™t come up with anything creative. This is a take on the holiday ornament. Im gonna try to carve it later today. If anyone is interested let me know ill share it.

4 Likes

How did this work out? I am interested if you share.

I donā€™t see it being a problem. I made a ton of the name ornaments. I was gonna try today but Iā€™m fixing something on the machine right now so weā€™ll see how that goes

1 Like