Valentines Day Box

First real project finished… it’s about 3"x3"x1.5". I hogged it out of piece of 8/4 walnut and finished with tung oil.

I drew it in Affinity and cut it in Easel on my 1000x1000 X-Carve using a 1/8" 2 flute I got from Amazon and Easel’s recommended settings. I still can’t do circles on my X-Carve (issue with the x axis I haven’t tracked down yet), so after I cut the rest of it I went over the magnet holes again with a forstner bit on my drill press. The outside cuts were pretty wavy too, so I tacked the two halves together with hot glue and used a trim bit to clean up the edges before hitting it with sandpaper. I then put it in the oven for a few minutes at about 200 degrees to loosen up the glue so I could get them back apart again before applying the tung oil.