VCarve 9.0 -- Which PP to use

One week into this new X-Carve adventure. VCarve 9.0 has two PP: “x-carve (mm)” and “x-carve (inch)” to generate gcode. How do I decide which one to use for importing into Easel?
Designed in VCarve in inches but when I calibrated X-Carve using Easel all units of measure were in mm. I assuming (I know) “mm” but…!

If you design in inches use the inch pp.

If you design in Vcarve in inches, but pick a post processor that is in mm Vcarve will convert your G-code to mm.

If you design in Vcarve in mm, but pick a post processor that is in inches Vcarve will convert your G-code to inches.

Best to design and post processor with the same units though, just a good habit.

Thanks Chris

Thanks Larry. Had exported both, used inch - and first VCarve to Easel worked like a charm.

1 Like

I use the Vectric post processor located on the download page… never had an issue with the G-code that V-Carve generated using this PP (that wasn’t operator error.)

http://easel.inventables.com/downloads

Download the Vectric file, place it in the My_PostP folder ( C:\ProgramData\Vectric\VCarve Pro\V9.0\My_PostP) and you’ll never have to manually select it again.

This page also holds download links for all of the Windows and MAC driver files.

1 Like

Robert is spot on, the Easel PP works well.