VCARVE - EASEL Clarifications Needed

As Neil says the option is available when the software is first installed - see the screenshot below for Cut2D. If you have already installed your Vectric software, then re-running the latest installer from the Portal does no harm and you can check the option on the subsequent install to add VTransfer.

I should have pointed out some important points in the earlier post: VTransfer currently requires that Grbl must be in mm reporting mode ($13=0), hence only the X-Carve mm post supports the direct output method. This doesn’t affect your choice of units within VCarve - you can work in inches but still use the mm post. I think this is the cause of one of your issues @MarkA.Bachman? If you need to work with inch reporting then I’m afraid VTransfer isn’t going to work out for you. Similarly, if you are already manually setting G28, G30’s then VTransfer’s super-simple approach to coordinates (basically just one coordinate space from a single origin) is also going to be to simple for your needs. VTransfer’s current
origin setting will be setting these values as part of its normal operation and you are likely to clash - if you have the console running, you can see the commands that each button is issuing as you use them.

In general, if you have a successful streaming process already, then by all means stick with it. We provided VTransfer to get X-Carvers up and running who don’t have a streamer and simply want to create a toolpath, set the origin and stream the file -without the need for additional 3rd party software or an internet connection.

@NeilFerreri1 & @LarryM - I am very concerned about the choppy streaming performance as this is something we worked hard to eliminate during development. We are not using the simple response paradigm so the we should be streaming at near the buffer capacity all the time. Does the same toolpath always produce the choppy streaming - if so, would it be possible to send me the .gcode file? FAO Edward to support@vectric.com?

E