Vcarve hidden secret!

Does it stay enabled for that .crv file in the future when you open it subsequent times?

1 Like

If you don’t have very fast processor it is really going to slow down how fast Vcarve updates

1 Like

Wow. Makes a HUGE difference!

2 Likes

What I would like would be to move the "camera"side to side when I’m looking at the tool paths. If I zoom in, it only zooms into the middle and while I can rotate things a bit, I can’t get a good zoom into the outer edges of a project.

So, I guess we can’t enable this on existing .crv files?

You can use the wheel of your mouse to zoom in. HOld both mouse buttons down to drag your rendering around. Should fix you up. You can cut your designs from old CRV’s and paste into a new file.

Yes you can on existing files, just hold shift, click the menu item edit, then Job Size and Position.

Works for me.

1 Like

This type of information is great. I just ordered vcarve desktop. It will be arriving tomorrow. Let the learning curve begin. I have tried the trial version have gone through the YouTube videos. I sure I will have plenty of stupid questions

1 Like

You are going to be very happy!

1 Like

I ordered my carve last year at this time. I’ve been saving my pennies for the vcarve for this year. I’m looking forward to learning and experimenting with vcarve desktop. Wow, what a journey this past year has been. I can only imagine this next year!

1 Like

It may take a while before I’m ready for that. But it’s gonna be fun!

1 Like

I’m ordering some ball end mill bits. Where is the best place to get them. Inventables really doesn’t have them. I’m looking at amazon.

Ebay
I bought these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/R0-25-0-5-0-75-1-0mm-with-1-8-shank-Solid-Carbide-Tapered-Ball-Nose-end-mills/253004835589?hash=item3ae8436b05:g:eoYAAOSwEzxYXyJe

There are others who bought them from other sources.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll look at them

This is great. Thank you both

Great, thank you. This is like starting over from (almost) scratch. Last year I couldn’t even get a design in easel to work well. Now a year later easel is easy. Hopefully, I will be able to say the same thing next year about vcarve

Maybe it’s been already said, but anytime you hold the shift down and hit the work dimension button, you can get up both 7x and 50x resolution in VC 9. It doesn’t have to be newly created projects. If you have an old project laying around, give it try.

1 Like

Yep that works, always thought I would have to to create a new project.

Another thing what I would call a hidden secret is the option to set the amount of fading when you try to trace an imported bitmap manually with the drawing tools.

rightclick on the imported and selected bitmap then Object Properties and a slider pops up where you can set it even to 0% fading. Makes it easier to see what you want to trace.

2 Likes