Vcarve Pro for Mac

I’m new to CNC routing but love it already. I’m a woodworker and making a business of it. I like what vcarve can do, however is my research correct in that it is for PC only? I have a pc Desktop, but all my other computers, including my laptop, are MAC. Do I need to buy a new laptop or is there a way to create in VCARVE and then use Easel to actually run the project?

Technically it is not supported by VCarve, but Parallels or Boot Camp both emulate a Windows Operating system and has reports of running perfectly fine. I don’t use Mac so I can’t personally confirm, but it does give you some search terms to lookup regarding the matter like “Vcarve Mac Parallels” should get some good results regarding the setup process…

I’ve tried dual boot systems in the past and found that I spent all my time waiting for it to reboot so I can do something in the other OS.
I use VCarve Pro within a VirtualBox VM on Linux. Initially, I had this mysterious graphics acceleration problem, but I installed Mesa3D and that made it workable, but still just software acceleration. My Linux system is hefty enough to devote 4 cores and 8Gb RAM to the VM, so VCarve works very nicely.
In my experience, VirtualBox works great on Macs too. The graphics acceleration problem may not be there on Mac OS.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.