Vcarve Pro not finishing pockets / g-code variations - post processor problem?

okay, I see what you’re saying, if it jumped a tooth on the v-belt it would appear that it just quit on the path. How do you know when you have the proper tension on your belt? Is there some standardization with inch pounds or using a digital pull gauge, or is it just seat of the pants?

The toolpath orders were the pocket around the text, the hole and then the cutout…if it lost steps on the first pocket it would appear like that…was the cutout all the way through the material? Or just shy of cutting through?

Ah, I see where you’re going with it, if it did jump a tooth that would be wrong. To my recollection the cutout was perfect, it broke all the way through and I don’t remember it cutting into the wasteboard. I just checked the wasteboard and measured .015" cut into the board, so it just barely went through the workpiece.

The first toolpath should have ended cutting the pocket in the second “o” in Bronco…were you watching it? Did it end there?

Erik, I do remember the path stopping at different spots between my two different runs (the toolpaths were regenerated, though). I can’t be specific enough and I should have taken a photo before I cleaned them up. I do recall both times the outer parameter against the edge was not finished, and a portion above the text was left. I’m going to start it on a new piece and see what happens. I haven’t made any changes to the machine since so we will see.

1 Like

You nailed it, Eric I grabbed my z axis belt and gave it a tug. It didn’t seem overly loose, but i had no point of reference so I tightened it up further (and its definitely tighter, now) and loaded the same file that failed the first time.

Now I just need a downcut bit.

2 Likes