Video on how to replace your brushes

This is a short video on how to replace your brushes on your router. Sometimes it easier to watch it then it is to explain it. Hope this helps. https://youtu.be/pnnWydvx-hM

1 Like

Just had mine replaced $35. Not again thanks for the info.

Where did you purchase the Brushes?

I get mine on amazon

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 2 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Thanks

Bought on Amazon. just type in brushes for Dewalt 611 or something like that.

@GaryWolfe @DanJarrett. I’ve already have done the work for you. The link to the brushes is in the description of my video. Just trying to make it easy

1 Like

did you hijack this guys thread where he was promoting his Youtube video by linking your video to his posting. That wasn’t very nice in my opinion. :frowning:

I’ll vouch for Phil. He is not a troll or a highjacker, and gives a LOT more to this forum that he gets in return. A lot of us wouldn’t have near the successes we’ve had if Phil weren’t here!

2 Likes

I would second what MikeTrent said

Kel

1 Like

sorry I wasn’t calling his helpfulness into question. I simply felt bad for the OP who took the time to make a video to help people out on the forum, only to have someone come in and and drop a video of his own in the OP’s thread. I feel it would make people hesitant to contribute in the future if this type of thing happens all the time.

every video that gets made and posted here by users has already been made by someone else on youtube. 2 years ago Shane Bell made a video on how to change the brushes, it was the first one that came up on youtube when I searched for how to do it. I have seen massive glaring mistakes in peoples instructional videos over the past couple years here, but I’ve not thought to hijack their thread by posting someone else’s video who did it the correct way.

I just simply felt bad for the OP, we all know as makers how hard it is to put ourselves out into the world and hope no one slams us and kills our confidence. he put work into his video and took the time to make it and be helpful.

It’s just my personal feelings and opinion but I just felt that it was bad form to do this. no harm or ill feelings were meant to anyone

2 Likes

Lance
You may well be right as I am not up to date with this forums etiquette

But I have watched and learned from Phil’s many videos and I reckon, he would only be trying to help and to give another person’s perspective for doing a said project.

Apology accepted. Please accept my apology, as I only seen things from my point of view. Not thinking about your above paragraphs

Kel

Thank you for all the support. I withdrew the post. I only want to help and provide a direct link to order the brushes. Nothing more. I apologize to anyone who might be offended. I have reduced my presences on this forum because of this type of activity

Sorry to see This Philip anyone that knows you knows you were just tring to help.

2 Likes

Hey Philip. I am the one that posted the 1st video and I want you to know that I do not and did not feel like you were hijacking my thread. You did add a little more to it, you showed where to hook the tension spring which I did not show. I just want you to know I was not worried about it at all. The reason I did not add a link to the brushes is the same reason that you got hammered. Hang in there and just do not link to another posting and you should be fine. Thanks.

1 Like

I may have spoken out of turn. I just found another video on how to change the brushes so I am for sure it was my video that you added yours to, but I think it was so I just wanted to be straight.

This is a updated video on changing your brushes, when things do not go perfect and how to fix it. Everyone show when things go just right but in my case many times things do not go just right. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hope that never happens to me, but now I’ll know what to do if it does. Thanks for posting this!