Want input on starting business with xcarve

I have been a machinist and a QA inspector for over 20 years. I have knowledge of programming e axis machinist es and CMM s . I am interested in getting into this type of business. I was wondering if I could get your input on this topic. What things have you been making and selling. And the pros and cons of the machine.

1 Like

Pros:If the machine is setup properly, it will do what you send it and you can get very consistent results.

Cons: I don’t really have any. It does what I ask it to.

I’ve used it for carving wood exclusively, but several people on the forum have had quite a bit of success using other materials, such as aluminum and plastics. I got into it about a year ago, but I treat the xcarve as just another tool in my garage.

I’'m a mechanical engineer and work in a manufacturing environment, so that takes up a lot of my time, but I’ve been able to sell things that I’ve made in my garage. I personally haven’t sold anything cut out on the xcarve only, but it certainly gets used when it’s the right tool for the job.

Other folks on here have made some really nice things using the xcarve exclusively, so I’d recommend taking a look at the projects thread to see what can be accomplished with the machine only.

Good luck and welcome!