Wedding Project Help

So with that being said, do you click on the finish path first, then once completed, go back to the rough pass?

I use VCarve so couldn’t tell you exactly, but it sounds like that would be the way to do it. You’ll just want to make sure the finishing pass isn’t relying on the depth cleared by the roughing pass. If it is, it’s possible to send the finishing bit on a cut that is twice the depth that you intended.

Yeh just used easel, and the v-carve pro free day to accomplish this sign. Unless I am missing something, it doesn’t give me the option to use the V bit to do first. The roughing bit got as much as possible, then ether V-bit cleaned uo. I think majority of the issue was during bit change, I ever so slightly moved the x- coord.

Sorry, not V-carve Pro. “Easel-Pro”. haha Sorry for confusion. I am leaning toward getting corel draw to create, then transfer to easel. Still new to my X-carve. had it about a month now, and starting to get comfortable with designing the projects, and cutting thru easel, but have found some limitations within easel itself. But still trying to get my hands around the Rough cut, and finish cuts. Seems straight forward, but now you guys have peeked my interest with comments above.

Well after having to make this sign over once I found out I had the last name wrong, then had a few power issues mid way thru the project (uneven thickness of board causing power draw on router tripping surge protector). I was finally able to start over on a good piece of wood. After reading few posts from PawPaw, and few others, I slowed my router down to 1, and adjusted the crossover slightly, resulting is a great cut. Minimal sanding will be needed.

One issue I did encounter that thought would pass along. I initially set the Z axis from the center of my project board, ut after the tool change, and re-setting the Z-axis again for the 60 degree bit, I had to use the front corner of the board. Must been just enough change in height, that caused the detail portion to be just bit deeper. Not much of an issue, but enough to be noticeable for me. haha

So appreciate all the help, and advice from the forum, and few others. Definitely keeping things fun.

1 Like

Always zero the Z on the same exact spot.

I did something like that for the best man and groomsman gifts at my wedding. They both loved what I made them.

1 Like