Wedding stacked text signs

Excellent

1 Like

Here’s one I did last night

13 Likes

Wow. That is very nice Fat Kat. I really need to try some new as far as finishing goes.

1 Like

How much are you selling these for now and how long does it take you to produce them. Can you provide number for both finished and unfinished.

2 Likes

I usually sell the smaller 7.25X18 for $60 finished and $40 unfinished. I also offer a longer 24" sign for $80 finished and $60 unfinished.I have not sold any unfinished yet, lol. Machining time is around 2.5 hours normally. I would guess I have about 30-45 minutes of hands on time with each one, not including time for the paint to dry. I start by painting over the whole board and if I use regular brown paint it will wait about 2 hours before I carve. Minwax polyshades takes 4 to 6 hrs to dry. If anyone is interested, I’m in the process of editing a video of my whole process, from start to finish, and will post here soon.

12 Likes

I’m sure MANY of us are interested! Please post.

5 Likes

This is stacked V-carve , Unfinished 4-5 hours in pine , paint time 1-2 hours

@IvanMcfarlan - Check your set screws on each of your motors. I had similar problems for over a year before I discovered my x-axis set screws were loose and moving ever so slightly now and then. Drove me nuts until I stumbled on the issue. Now it runs like a champ. Wow did I waste a lot of wood in the meantime…

Nice Signs!

1/16 upcut or what type of bit.

Downcut

Robert is correct. I use a downcut bit.

interested in that video . Thanks

Military obligations slowing me down, but I’m almost done with the editing. I’m having to use video from 2 different signs in order to get all of my process covered. It is harder than I thought it would be. So many people on YouTube make it look so easy.

Doing the videos is hard work but it gets a little easier in time. Keep it up. Never quit

1 Like

My first try. Not a success. Still having issues with lines show on bottom of pockets.

5 Likes

Great Work!

What is the painting process? Looks great!

I would love to see the video

Did you figure out how to stop the lines? I just did my first project last night and same issue.

Haven’t tried since. Have heard that a different species wood (I used cheap pine) and a raster tool path might help to go with the grain more.