What is the workflow with V-carve to start a job

So question here. If I got V-carve (or used Fusion) to generate my Code, I’m a little unclear on the workflow for getting a job set up. I am very used to doing this on my Tormach, but the probing etc are all part of the controller, rather than the CAM software as it is in Easel. So if I use either Easel of UGS to send the code to the X-carve what does the Z-probe and X-Y origin setup? On PathPilot on the Tormach you run through its probing routine establish your XYZ origin in your WCS then run your G-code. What does all that setup workflow first?

Easel will prompt you for all of that.
UGS, I believe, has buttons to set zero.

I use CNCjs and it has buttons for setting zeros, a probe module, and I use custom macros.

I’m coming from mach3 to ugs. I did have a zero probe on mach3 for a while but it stopped working with my controller. Anyway, with UGS, I home the X carve and then set the Z with the probe or paper. There is a macro floating around that I use with ugs.

After homing, I jog to my x0 y0 location and set my Z to the top of the material or in some cases to the bottom of the material. At this point I close UGS and reopen it without homing. This will necessitate to re-zero again, but then machine zero and work zero are the same. Then I load my program into UGS and run it.

On expensive wooden parts, I will make my home location X0 and Y0 on my drawing. That way any emergency stops or power failures guarantees that I can go back to the same spot easily. GRBL has been pretty good, but not as good as Mach3. Using a laptop also adds some surprise issues when windows interrupts the program with a popup. I go into airplane mode when I work, but update notices can still make a surprise appearance. I’ve found that letting them appear and disappear is the best thing while a program is running.