What kinds of bits are these?

Hello,
I’m new and slowly learning about CNC. I have watched countless bit videos to learn more about what i need. I bought my CNC used and it came with a bunch of bits, I mostly use 1/8 , 1/16, 1/32 which i think is what everyone else uses most of the time?
I was using the one on the left for most of the time cutting wood, getting good enough results until I tried the bit ont he right, it provided a much smoother finish to the surface it cut out, I’d like to buy more of these bits, in 1/32 which i don’t have, but i have no idea what kind of bit it is, can someone help me?
What is the bit on the left (yellowish) and what is the bit on the right (greyish)

bits

I only use wood material.

The one on the right is a single flute spiral upcut end mill. The one on the left looks like one of those PCB burr mills. Stop using the one on the left for wood.

1 Like

Thank you, Where can i find 1/32 upcut single(or double) flute bits, or just an overall general wood carving set?
I have been searching everything and can’t find anything (maybe because i’m in Canada, we tend to have less options online)

What are your cutting with 1/32" end mills?
Amana tool makes everything you’d need. You can find their stuff everywhere. I use Amazon and tools today.
Drillman1(I think) on eBay has a lot of cheap stuff that people seem to like.

1 Like

Amana Tool Full Line Dealer Router Bits & More Free Ship Worldwide

I was cutting smaller signs for garden and i wasn’t able to get the details i wanted unless i selected 1/32" in easel.
Are you ordering from Amazon.com or Amazon.ca ? there is very little option from .ca it appears, they all seem to be 1/8"

Thank you for the links/help!

Dot com. I’m in the US.
I’m sure tools today would ship them to you.
That said, I wouldn’t invest much in 1/32"…no one wants to break a $30 tool that only cut three tiny corners.
I’d get a bunch of cheap ones from China.