Where are all the Experts?

By Experts, I mean those that have been around here giving advise for ages and know what they are talking about from experience and not just opinion, guys like Phil Johnson, Bob Canning, Angus McLeod, Bob Jewell, Curtis Cummings…NOT those other’experts’ that are full of advise, but don’t even own X=carves.

3 Likes

expert

1 Like

Key word here is (other experts). But rest assure they are alive and very well and still helping others and making some amazing things. I feel blessed to be bathed daily in their knowledge. Too bad the overseers couldn’t realize what they were setting free.

6 Likes

The pretend “experts” pissed them off!

1 Like

From what I heard on a FB group, it was also the ‘pretend moderators’ that did a lot of the pissing off of people.

4 Likes

Seen many times where there was a ban or threat of a ban just because they stood their ground or put a op in their place when a mod would not.

1 Like

Un-surprisingly, none of the ‘pretend experts’ that do not even own X-carve, have bothered to post to defend themselves.

Nor have any of the ‘Pretend moderators’ done anything, which is even less surprising.

Is it any wonder why this forum has become the laughing stock of the CNC world

2 Likes

@AkamaiWoodworks Do you need help with something? I’m happy to help if I can. Full disclosure: I don’t have an X-Carve.

3 Likes

What Neil said.

I, and I am sure that all newbies would prefer advise from someone that has FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with an X-carve.

Not some PRETEND EXPERT that can only offer an opinion.

2 Likes

The thing is, the X-Carve is just a fork of the Shapeoko 2, so the same principles / expertise applies.

If there’s a question which has been posed which is going unanswered and needs to be addressed, which doesn’t have an answer in some extant knowledgebase such as the Shapeoko wiki, perhaps you could point it out?

2 Likes

Ask your questions…there are still people here that can answer them.

2 Likes

I’m not an expert, but I have an X-Carve and I know how to use it.

Thank You Erik,
Your knowledgable advise has always been greatly appreciated.

1 Like

what exactly do you mean by expert?

So the real knowledge base is on the Shapeoko wiki. If so, why does this forum exist? Sounds like we should all go over to the Shapeoko wiki for information about the X-carve and not bother with this forum at all.

2 Likes

There is still a lot of great information available on this forum. The people, the owners, the potential owners and everyone else makes up the forum. Therefore, the people choose whether or not this forum adds value or not. I choose to believe that the forum does add valve but in the end it up to the people

7 Likes

i completely agree with you

1 Like

Oh, that’s a bit of this forums Easter egg… to unlock to :key: to all xcarve knowledge just go to the search button and type in phil

1 Like

That will do you little good as ALL Phil’s posts have been deleted.

1 Like