Where do you get your materials from?

I’ve actually been considering putting together a forum group purchase from ASAP (Ha! I didn’t realize the acronym worked out like that) and divvying up and shipping out the materials myself. Something like a $100 dollar buy in to get 4 sheets of 12"x12" acrylic, polycarbonate, and HDPE in 1/16", 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2" thick for a total of 48 pieces including shipping. Would anyone be interested in a group purchase like that? If everyone just wants 1/4" HDPE or acrylic we could also put together a less complicated buy in and just split a 4’x8’ sheet of something between a couple of us.

And sure, I’ll let Ron know he has an online audience now.

1 Like

I’m game for that.

I’d be in for that.

here is my list
sheet metal, steel plate, and thin aluminium------------menards
abs and polyethylene sheet------------futurex industeries sometimes will do small batch runs cut to order
acrylic and poly carbonate---------clear menards colored ebay
small rough cut lumber under 18x12------------local saw mill cheap by the truck load
wood panels, boards,mdf,and plywood----------- menards and local hardware
aluminium bar stock---------ebay
glass panes for etching----------old windows from auction
and whaterver else i think i can cut that i see at yard sales, craigs list, and laying along the road

Try Calsak Plastics in Norcross, they have everything.

1 Like

I tracked down some nice Panels True 3/4" x 24" x 36" or 48" at Lowes. it is Aspen glue up panels when doing larger projects no one will have large solid wood but glue ups are nice when done right. these are pretty solid. Not the flimsy pine glue ups that warp either.

1 Like