Why do I need Arduino?

I’ve had my X Carve 1000x1000 since 2019 and upgraded it in 2021. In trying to upgrade the latest Driver, the Controller never reconnected to Easel and so in trouble shooting, it was recommended to use Arduino to reflash the controller. I downloaded Arduino and wasted a lot of time with getting the Sketch to download the grbl file, and it still doesn’t work. But now, when I try to even set up a new machine, I’m told that I need the latest driver and I have downloaded 4 times. What gives? And why do I suddenly need Arduino when since the very beginning of my Inventables journey I never had it installed on my PC. This just doesn’t seem right to me. And now I cant even see my grbl settings in Machine Inspector.

As far as I know, you need to download the easel driver file from the computer set up page. The arduino is in the X controller. The driver file is zipped, so it has to be opened before it’ll work. Some computers will do that automatically. Mine didn’t.

Download and Install New Easel Drivers – Inventables (zendesk.com)

Thank you David Sanek i needed that info to i just downloaded it

You are very welcome. I finally talked to someone at Customer Success and he confirmed that we shouldn’t need to install Arduino.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.