Windows Vista Business

I’m hoping to get an X-Carve soon. I have a laptop that is running Windows Vista Business. I feel sure the computer itself has plenty of oomph to run whatever I need, but not sure if I need to update my version of Windows

I know many people driving Xcarve with XP, I don’t see any problems. Besides, Vista Business has better stractures than Windows 7. Setup your machine first, get back here if you have any related problems. We’re always here to help. Velcome to community.

Thanks very much for the prompt. Great to know there is support available.

Vista Business is an absolute mess compared with Windows 7. Windows 7 runs better on some XP machines than XP. (can you tell I love windows 7?)

You can get Windows 7 Home (32 bit) for your machine on Amazon for about $80. I suggest 32 bit just in case you decide to experiment with Mach 3.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00L9VERQ2/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all&qid=1477175069&sr=8-4

My 1325 running on Vista business, never have problem.

I am running x-carve of a FMV Biblo vista pc. The only drawback is that it sometimes does not recognises the X-Carve. Its easely fixed with following procedure.

1. Right-click “Command Prompt” in Accessories and choose “Run as Administrator”

2. Enter “set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1” – without the quotes obviously

3. Enter “start devmgmt.msc”

4. In the box that opens, select “Show hidden devices” in the ‘view’ menu.

Now if you expand the section on COM ports, all the COM ports that have ever
been created will be displayed, the non present ones being in grey. Just delete all ports and reboot the PC.