Windy City Pizza gathering

I spent most of my morning and afternoon yesterday walking around the Bay Area Maker Faire. At around 5:30 pm, the group I was with and myself had felt the effects of the day; lots of walking and standing coupled with the mildly hot weather had taken a toll on us. Besides, there is only so long you can stand at the Glowforge booth without having to tell yourself “It’s ok, you’ll be fine if you walk away. You will see it again.”

We made the decision to head on over to Windy City Pizza. Upon walking up to the front door to the business there was a sign that said something to the effect of “Inventables 6:30 to close”. After walking in to the business, which was fairly large, we were greeted by staff. We explained to them we were there for the Inventables gathering. They pointed to the right side of the restaurant and said, “Please, take a seat anywhere you would like.” I couldn’t believe it, a majority of the business had reserved signs posted on many of the tables. Actually, I would say Inventables had reserved more than half of the business’s seating.

Shortly thereafter, more and more people started showing up taking a seat in the reserved section around us. It was there I met @GeorgeSholl. We had never met before but shared a lot of common interests with our passion for cutting, engraving,… making. I met some really nice people throughout the evening.

@Zach_Kaplan introduced himself and extended his appreciation to us for coming to this event. More Inventables staff arrived carrying two Carvey cnc machines and plenty of material for the night’s event.

All in all, we spent about 5 hours at Windy City Pizza. They staff and food were amazing. Very polite and attentive. One by one, fidget spinners were being cut on the Carvey to be handed out to the night’s attendees. Everyone seemed to have had a great time. There was plenty of laughter and smiles to be heard and seen.

With that said, I would like to sincerely thank Inventables for a truly great evening. Their generosity and willingness to host this event was beyond any expectation I could imagine a company doing. In fact, even as I write this, I’m still blown away by how you “raise the bar” with your customer service. This is one experience that will have a lasting impression on me :smile:

9 Likes

Hey @MichaelColey thanks for the post and thanks for coming out. It was so exciting to see so many people join us last night. You could feel a certain buzz in the air. I feel really fortunate to have such an engaged and passionate community supporting Inventables.

Also what a great name for a pizza place (Windy City), for a company from Chicago, to host an event in San Mateo California! I can’t forget the two guys that won the raffle for a new Carvey are below! More on them soon. One is traveling around in an RV maker space and the other is a volunteer at the San Diego public library maker space.

Zach

3 Likes

Wanted to echo @MichaelColey and say how great it was to meet with @Zach_Kaplan and crew last Saturday. Highlight of my Maker Faire trip! First class event, first class product and first class people.

2 Likes

@MichaelColey It’s such great news to hear how your time went at the Pizza Party. Thank you so much for coming by Windy City Pizza and spending the entire evening with us!

1 Like

Thanks for coming by the party! It was an amazing opportunity to have so many talented makers under one roof.

One of the winners of the Carvey put it in a mobile maker lab!

3 Likes

I am pretty sure that Laura Kamph and April Wilkerson (youtube woodworkers) were there as well.