Would The Hitachi M12VC 2-1/4-Horsepower Variable-Speed Router Be Able To Be Used With The X-Carve

I use a parallel breakout board (BOB) with stepper drivers and Mach 3 software. My BOB has a relay and I am using On/Off logic without speed control. So, it turns on when it should and off when it should and I adjust speed manually with Pot and a digital tachometer. Essentially, I keep it around 12,000 rpm for everything when using the spindle because the torque is quite low and the speed seems to help.

It works. Here are some details:

wonder if the dewalt dw618 would work. its listed as the same weight as the hitachi

I should note that I am using the upgraded Nema 23 steppers and Acme rod (from Inventables) AND I have 3/16" steel sandwiched between the x-axis plates and the mid-rail y supports.

I ordered the Hitachi mount here, but did not use the big black backboard - I ginned one up out of 1/4" aluminum. The holes for the three v-wheels that do not have eccentric nuts are actually tapped into the aluminum and screws are threadlocked into place. I used a standard spindle carriage plate as a template.