Would this make a good edge lit sign

While this plaque is not yet complete, I’m wondering if it would make a good edge lit acrylic sign. I’ve never made one, but want to. Most of them I’ve seen have more and larger areas carved. Not sure if this would be too detailed to get the full effect. I’m working on uploading a photo. Beginners stupidity

3 Likes

Did you mean to add a picture? lol

1 Like

I’m not seeing how to add my photo

1 Like

Thanks Phil. I’m on my phone and that doesn’t seem to be an option. I’ll get to my computer and have a look.

This is what it looks like on my iOS device on Safari (the text upload link, it’s not a button)

Not an option for me on my current setup. Found the magic button on my computer though. Lesson learned. Thanks for the help.

Hmmm. I don’t have it on mine. I must be using a subpar rig. I’ll investigate. Mean time I found it on my computer and the pic is there now. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

I can’t wait to give it a try. I’ll use those exact settings. I have the bits. Just wanted to he sure that this image would offer good effect in that medium. Thanks Phil

Thanks for the link, Phil, I can’t wait to get a look at it. The image below is a ballpoint pen drawing done with my X Carve, (after many tries of developing a pen holder that worked). I spent quite some time cleaning up the tracing of a photo I took. I used Inkscape, so I’m interested to see if my approach was anywhere near appropriate, though it did seem to work.

I’m a riverboat (towboat) pilot and I work on all the major rivers. This particular photo was taken while we were going south through the bridges at Memphis, and was shot from the pilothouse window looking forward.

It’s a decent drawing but it might not make much sense to anyone who hasn’t had that view as a frame of reference.

At any rate thank you for posting your link, and for all your contributions to the forum. It’s a big help to those of us without your skill and experience level.

2 Likes