X Axis not square

Hi,

I’ve recently got my X Carve 750 and am in the middle of assembling it. I’ve assembled the board, framework and gantry and I wanted to check the squareness of the travel before moving onto the next stage. Travel in the Y axis is running true but there is some play in the X axis travel, approx 2.5mm over the width of the table. I know It doesn’t sound a lot but would like to get it as close as possible. I have checked that the frame work is all flush and all the bolts are secure and the wheels are good. I can get rid of the play by pushing the right hand plate in line, but it springs back as soon as I let go. I have attached a couple of pictures for clarity, instead of me waffling on!

If anyone has any idea where the fault could be or how I could overcome it, that would be greatly appreciated. Can’t wait to start cutting!

Cheers,
Stu.

Dumb question, what’s a “makerslide”?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93832939/makerslide-open-source-linear-bearing-system

Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I’ll give them a go and see how I get on.

Cheers,
Stu.

If you have some 1-2-3 blocks they work well for leveling the X-Axis. just set them up under the wide makerslide and use them for a reference. four inches closes the gap so that you can really see how far and in which direction you need to level.