X-axis not working

Ok so I have an issue with my XC Pro. I was using it the other night on a project when it went nowhere near the tool path lines so I stopped it. Tried to home it so that it was calibrated and it kept moving left and so I stopped that. Well I moved it all the way to the right side and now it is stuck and won’t move at all along the x-axis; it will move on the y and z-axis but not on the x-axis. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I had the same issue where it got stuck, I removed the panel on the right and used a wrench to move the drive screw.

1 Like

I too had a similar issue. When i was manually jogging it, I went hard right, and got stuck there.
Took off the panel, used the wrench to move it a hair, haven’t had the issue since.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks guys I will try this later today when I get back home and let y’all know how it goes.

1 Like

Same issue for me a couple of weeks ago… Popped the right panel off and turned the drive screw with a 19mm if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

Same here, I got mine stuck once shortly after I got it. I 4th the motion to remove the cover and use a wrench to get it off the stop block.

2 Likes

Indeed! Just be gentle with the wrench and push the head a little at the same time to help free the beast. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let us know how it works out for you. I hope it goes smoothly.

2 Likes

Thanks guys so much. I tried as soon as I got back home tonight and it worked. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Same problem, same solution. Thank you for posting.

1 Like

New user here, 2 cuts into using my XCP $$$ :confused: I started having problems with the cut jumping off in the X-direction. Now my X-axis will not jog via easel in either direction, the drive screw spins freely and I can manually move the head. Removed the Y1 cover and saw the the motor was trying to turn the sprocket & the belt but couldn’t. Could the belt be too tight? Shaft circled in red will spin when jogging using easel but sprocket and belt do not.

1 Like

I don’t have a X-Carve Pro so I cannot verify and I don’t see this in any of the assembly videos, BUT it’s possible that the Pulley is held to the stepper shaft using a set screw, or two. IF it does it would go right through the teeth right here

And look like this:

OR it may be further back like this one, but I’m not sure exactly…

I’m not positive how exactly that particular pulley is tied to the stepper shaft., just something to look for and a possible easy enough fix if it is a loose set screw(s)
Otherwise you may need to contact inventables tech support directly.

Thank you for the response Seth.
Update is that on the XCP the pulley is crimped to the stepper shaft and there is no set screw. So it is either the stepper motor (Inventible is sending a new one) or I think the shaft came unattached form the pulley. Possibly caused by the belt being too tight or a bent stepper shaft in shipping.
After I left a message Giovanni got back to me and sent out the replacement part right away, I was impressed by Customer Service’s response.

1 Like

Giovanna and the rest of the team are very responsive and interested in solving machine problems! I’m sure theyll take care of you.

This solved my X-axis issue. Had the same issue as the original post….BUT on my last tile of 3 and using the last XY zero, hit go and it launches across the table diagonally until it hits the other end, resulting in yes…stuck X axis. Working with support in the AM as I don’t want to screw up my last tile! Thanks for the X axis fix!