X-Carve 1000m + VCarve Desktop + Picsender

Still. I like your style. Here is a cool way to experiment to find the actual angle of your v-bit:

Honestly I’m not quite sure what information to tell; still very new to all this.

So in terms of it not appearing to be correct: G-Wizard throws the feed speeds through the roof when I type in low values like 10.8°. If I do the reverse (setting it to 79.2°) it is better but still is creating speeds well off the manufactures calculations.

Inside of G-Wizard you can also not type in float values into the Geometry GUI. So if you type in 79.2° it defaults to 79°. (Majority of the bits I have seen have decimal values for angles, so another reason I think I am doing something wrong?)

So all the above lead me to believe that maybe I was not calculating the Taper Angle correctly from the initial Half Angle. Which is where the "With a Half Angle of 5.4° what would the Full Angle be? " question is from.

So I attached an image with more detailed questions. Once again I may be missing something obvious.

1) Are the ‘Half Angles’ always generated from the ‘Tip’ or the top of the ‘Cutting height?’

2) Is G-Wizard using the Full Angle? and is this from the ‘Tip’?

-Joseph