X-carve accessory mount

pretty much bang on… now you have to try a two-stage with different colored markers… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn this may have just convinced me to give this a try! Would love a deadpool sharpie drawing haha

1 Like

All time favorite movie. Everything about it is great! I just wish there where more deadpool stuff out there to buy!

1 Like

Great process Phil. Next time try regular Ball pen instead. I’m using my pen holder (Which is lot more goofier than yours) with perfect sharp drawing. At least no pressure problems.

1 Like

Another option for the quad arm design if the lack of a spring is a problem would be a simple sort of weight to hold the scribble stick to the surface. More weight would mean more pressure and vice versa.

Phil, do you think you could combine this technique with the half toning software to ‘draw’ the picture?

I have an original piece of artwork by Ed “Big Daddy” Roth of the Rat Fink and an autographed T-Shirt he signed while I was wearing it.

1 Like

Been admiring this for a few days and finally went to the garage to give it a shot…

4 Likes

:fearful:

To get those strokes where it goes fat to thin or vise versa would need to employ the same technique that V-Carving does where it varies the height.

The box of Rat Fink goodies I have in my basement would indicate otherwise.

1 Like

Here is one that could be brain freeze…

1 Like

If it flex up, drawing spot will change. If you can make that arm double and little longer, while pen pushed up still stays on course. I’ve seen youtube video some where. Guy was 3D printed two arms, flexing together like nice spring. I will find it.

1 Like

I found it,

1 Like

You’re good man. Hey Just wondering,do you sleep sometimes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, maybe he made a clone on the Xcarve, lol.

2 Likes

Here you go. This is the perfect solution. Great work Phil. Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

Another good idea you came up is keeping all three different flex arm for variety of pen needs to be used. I think Sharpie needs less pressure to keep that soft tip un-smashed. With this design even possible to use plotter pen and needs more pressure. That’s great man, so excited to see your final results.

1 Like

I was thinking 3 different thickness aluminum bars. Attached end pieces needs one permenant pin and one screw hole for easier replacement. Screw holds the bar in place, pin prevents from turning.

1 Like

You’re may be correct. That’s what I said, waiting to see the result. I would’ve keep it all Xcarve production. I don’t have 3D printer. I will try one tomorrow with your drawings if you don’t mind.

1 Like