X-carve accessory mount

I’ll send picture of my old one tomorrow, but no laughing :joy:

2 Likes

It freezes for sure. Picture is Scary/Ugly/Freaky. :joy: Try Flower picture to seeee.
Great work Phil.

1 Like

mine is 5.9 x 5.9 that’s about the average size I guess.

I have the davinci jr.

yeah, It should fit rotated

I assume you’re importing the SVG into Easel and having it generate the gcode? It would be an interesting test if you used another program to generate the gcode (even Fusion, though it’s clearly overkill for this) and then used Easel just as the gcode sender - that would give us a clue if it’s the toolpath generation or the gcode sending parts of Easel that have the limitation.

1 Like

Very nice and thank you for sharing

1 Like

Simple pen holder that I use. It has the pen cartridge spring above the cartridge.

5 Likes

this pen holder was made using a 3d Printer?

Yes.

Wow several posts and I didn’t get notified…
Looking good.

1 Like

Ron You forgot the Muahhahahah at the end of your statement.

This is historical… Phil started to organize. :laughing: (Please ignore socks)

2 Likes

I used to have a model 510, then I out grew it. good machines for what they are. Make sure you take inventory of your fingers after using that thing, The earliest ones( 10ER?) were particularly dangerous as I understand it. They were from an era where folks were less dependant on the warning labels and attorneys to protect them from themselves.

ok back on topic.

1 Like

That’s scared face.
It’s not working like you say, if you have several post after. Of course I put reply to post that scary creature.

1 Like

Just a thought, Sharpies are known to bleed and there are higher quality brands out there that may work better if you run into that problem. Dick Blick’s art supply is a good place to look for alternative markers.

The other markers are Prismacolor markers work well and are cheaper than the Copic ones.
Or you can try these…
Crayola® Classic Broad Line Markers | Michaels by 4 or more packs… $4 per package is not bad.
Brush Markers | Michaels For fine lines. :smile:
Fundamentals™ Triangle Markers Set by Artist's Loft™ | Michaels another cheap package.

Of course you will have to check about how they react to the paper you are using.
Heavy laser paper works well or you can get…

Progress requires experimentation…

That’s okay, @PhilJohnson is more than making up for your slack…:wink:

Besides all the awesome projects he seems to miraculously produce, I’d love to see him do a time management video tutorial…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

WOPR
Of course, how did we miss that?

Well perhaps he has more time on his hands.
Once I get moved I will be doing more.
Just got the internet set up.
Its fast too. :slight_smile:
Anyway soon I will have the garage turned into a workshop and be carving away…

1 Like

There are only 2 ways to keep the tip on.
One is high temp bond on the threads. (Of course you cannot remove it later)
2nd is to see if you can get some threads to go down towards the tip more and put a thin nut then tighten it down good. (get a nut out and grind it down to the thinner thickness if you can’t locate one.)

1 Like