X Carve at work (software questions)

You’ll need a g code sender like Universal G Code Sender after you export the gcode from HSM.

I guess I just assumed that was still part of the puzzle here. The key he was looking for was being able to generating the g code with HSM.

Thanks again for the help! It looks like Inventables is making a huge leap with the release of Carvey and the X Carve. The future is an exciting thing, and I can’t wait to see what you come up with next and what I can do with an X Carve at work!

Well, I thought I had him convinced that we should get a desktop cnc machine because he verbally committed to buying it if it supported HSM works. But he must have thought it over and decided against it even though everyone in the shop thinks we should get it for prototyping.

I would love to just get one myself, but I can’t afford one and can’t find a shapoko 2 for sale for a low enough price. I do pretty much always have access to a 3d printer, so I think i’m going to try to make this sometime this year. Mostly Printed CNC "MPCNC" BURLY C-23.5mm OD by Allted - Thingiverse