X-Carve drifting and smashing itself into the wall?

No. I wasn’t sure how I would go about doing that.

Ok. While others have very good advice. It’s difficult to troubleshoot anything while EMI is a possibility. Believe me it’s very real. It will make your XC do some really bizarre things. During one of my many upgrade sessions I accidentally grounded both sides of a homing switch. Doesn’t sound like a big deal I mean it’s only a homing switch right. Almost instantly I had big problems. I did a roughing pass and when it was at about 25% it would stop going in a positive direction along the X. And move in a negative direction. It was losing an entire line from the code. It was actually very repeatable. As soon as I disconnected one side of the ground wire on the homing switch the problem went away and has not returned. Turned out it’s called a ground loop. And goes to show how devistating EMI can be.

Take a STRANDED wire and connect it to your carriage. Run that through your drag chain and connect it to the Y plate. Then connect and run another from the Y plate through the next cable chain and connect it to the back riser plate. Then run another from the riser to the GROUND on your power supply. This will ground your chassis to the earth ground of your house. If your running dust collection you should ground the hose as well.

1 Like